Monday, February 24, 2014

End of Feb Update

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." -Helen Keller

It's now February 24th, 2014 and I have been through two more rounds of chemo and am standing on the doorstep of the second to last treatment.  I have been slacking on my posts lately, but if you have read my previous post, you know why.  Treatment has been somewhat easier.  It seems that I am finding the correct cocktail of drugs to get me through Tuesday after chemo.  The magical day.  It seems that if I can just get through the Tuesday after, my body goes back to normal.  Health updates...

I took my health screening at work last week and - wait for it - passed.  I had to fall within the boundaries of Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Glucose, BMI, and Smoking.  I was within tolerance in 4 out of 5.  I'll let you speculate which one I missed.

My oncologist sent me over to a dermatologist for the rash on my face.  The dermatologist pretty much shrugged and said it is what it is and sent me on my way with a prescription for stronger hydrocortisone.  Apparently it's up to my face to get better on it's own.  Can't wait for that bill to come.

I had a CT scan last week and the results came back very well.  My lymph nodes have shrunk back down to within tolerable sizes!  Thanks to all who have been praying hard for good health and good test results.  Believe in the power of prayer - I do!  I will consult with the doc as to next steps with radiation but I know I'll be at least finishing my 6 rounds of chemo.

Good news - for those that aren't aware I have been working with the Colon Cancer Alliance to raise funds for research, prevention, and patient support.  My fundraising efforts have been a smashing success as I have more than doubled my goal of $1000:

If you are interested in contributing as well, please visit my page at Sean's Fight.  Also, did you know March is colon cancer awareness month?  You can show your support by wearing blue on March 7th to raise awareness.  If anyone asks why you are so blue, tell 'em to support Sean's fight!


"yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights." Habakkuk 3:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment