Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chemical Warfare

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.  And swing!" -Leo Buscaglia

I feel bad.

It's mostly the nausea during treatment, but it's also the fatigue after it.  I hate being tired constantly.  Too tired to do things with the wife and kids.

I feel bad that the Erbitux is destroying my face.  I feel hideous.  I don't know how my wife can stand to be around me.  It's like a second puberty has landed square on top of me.

I'm constantly thirsty.  I drank a whole bottle of apple juice the other day.  Now I'm eyeing the pineapple juice and the orange juice.

I can't sleep.  I'm constantly waking up to go to the bathroom (see the thirsty thing).  My rest is deep, but fitful, and in brief increments.  It doesn't help my fatigue.

The drugs - Zofran, Compazine, Doxycyclene, steroids, cremes, some Omeprazole for this, some Naproxen for that.  Take this pill to counteract that pill.

I'm one-third through.  Another third to go until a CT scan.  Then we'll see.

2nd treatment.  The cool washcloth helps my face...
"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." -Psalm 91:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment